Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Playing It Safe...No More

Here it goes. Have you ever had something to say? Or course. We all do. What about an honest something? Something that makes you think twice before saying it. But, you don't say it because you're afraid of what friends, family, coworkers, etc. will think of you. It's weird because people want you to be honest with them. However, people have a hard time dealing with honesty. I'm talking about the kind of honesty that's well-meaning and not disrespectful. People get offended when they received honest compliments or comments especially when they specifically request it. Well, I'm tired of holding back my tongue for the longest time.

This is a space to free my thoughts, opinions and experiences about what I watch and listen to through music, movies and the media. My words will be honest words. I will try my best to be as respectful as possible, but it's not guaranteed. The whole point of this space to be speak honestly and most likely brutally regardless of what people/society think. Because when I'm out in public or even with those who "accept" me for my loud, honest attitude, I still get reprimanded for my honest responses to situations.

For you appreciated readers, I encouraged you to feel free to comment. Of course honestly but as respectfully as you can. If you really want to be brutal, well, I'm just gonna have to develop a thick skin. Just in case we've (including me) forgotten the definition of honest, here's it is, courtesy of dictionary.reference.com/browse/honest...

HONEST
–adjective
1.
honorable in principles, intentions, and actions; upright and fair: an honest person.
2.
showing uprightness and fairness: honest dealings.
3.
gained or obtained fairly: honest wealth.
4.
sincere; frank: an honest face.
5.
genuine or unadulterated: honest commodities.
6.
respectable; having a good reputation: an honest name.
7.
truthful or creditable: honest weights.
8.
humble, plain, or unadorned.

9.
Archaic . chaste; virtuous.

No comments: